Eliminate Broken Capillaries and Sun Spots in Bedford Hills, NY

Photofacials are a wonderfully effective way to reduce the signs of aging and sun damage on the face and body areas including the neck, chest and hands.

At Bellava we administer photofacials with the Artisan system from Palomar, the latest generation of superior aesthetic laser systems. Many clients come to us, complaining that photofacials have not worked for them in the past, and are amazingly pleased at the effectiveness of the Artisan system. These pulsed-light based treatments rejuvenate the skin by increasing the production of collagen and elastin.

A series of photofacials can achieve an amazingly wide range of results including: lightening age spots or sun spots; minimizing fine lines and wrinkles; shrinking enlarged pores; eliminating broken capillaries and redness associated with rosacea; and smoothing rough skin. Photofacials are also an excellent way to treat facial spider veins.

Natural Beauty



                                                Six great reasons why this treatment could benefit you:



1. Reduce signs of aging

IPL photofacials work to minimize classic signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines. As the light penetrates your skin, it naturally stimulates the productions of collagen, which improves the skin's elasticity and tightness. This increase in collagen softens your wrinkles and fine lines, and the skin itself appears smoother. Collagen production decreases as you age, starting as early as 25 years old. So, boosting your levels of collagen with a photofacial is also thought to slow down future signs of aging.


2. Minimize skin redness, acne marks and broken blood vessels

After each photofacial, you'll notice a tremendous difference in your skin's appearance and texture. That's because IPL technology rejuvenates the skin by reducing redness (caused by rosacea and other ailments), visible blood vessels, scarring and sun damage. If you suffer from acne marks, IPL photofacials can also help. Each session removes post-acne marks, while lowering inflammation and tightening the pores to reduce the appearance of blemishes.


3. Reverse sun damage and ages spots for even glowing skin

After each treatment, you will notice a significant improvement in the complexion and clarity of the skin.


4. IPL photofacials are not just for your face

When clients see the amazing results of IPL photofacials on their face, they often opt to have the treatments done on their neck, chest, shoulders and hands, as well. Like the face, these areas of the body are prone to age spots, sun damage, freckles, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, which our treatments strive to eliminate.


5. Minimal discomfort

About 90 per cent of patients report feeling no pain at all during IPL photofacials. For the remaining 10 per cent, treatments cause minor feelings of discomfort akin to an elastic band snap on the skin.


6. IPL photofacials fast and easy!

A standard facial often lasts an hour or longer. With IPL photofacials, the entire treatment can be completed in just 15 to 30 minutes! There's minimum recovery time after the procedure, so you can schedule your appointment during your lunch break and return to work afterwards.


Before & After 

Taking care of your skin after a peel

To stay comfortable after a peel and improve healing, you should:

  • Apply ice packs or use a fan to relieve the burning. Just be careful to not let the skin dry out in front of the fan.

  • Moisturize frequently. Apply moisturizer any time your skin feels tight, dry, or itchy. You may need to apply moisturizer 10–20 times a day in the days following a peel.

  • Follow all aftercare instructions your doctor gives you. Your doctor will ask you to follow a skin care regimen including gentle cleansing and antibiotic ointment if necessary. 

  • Do not pick, peel, or rub your skin. The peeling outer layer acts like a bandage and protects the new skin underneath. Removing this layer too soon can lead to burning, pain, and potential scarring. Hot water in the shower and sweating can also cause your skin to come off too soon.

  • Take any medications your doctor prescribes. You may be instructed to take over-the-counter pain-relievers and/or antibiotics.

  • Prevent sun exposure. The skin is especially sensitive to the sun after a peel. Completely avoid the sun until your skin is fully healed, and be careful to use proper sun-protective clothing and sunscreen in the months following to prevent dark spots from developing and protect against damaging sun burns. 

  • If you are bothered by the redness and peeling of your skin, you can wear makeup to cover it once your skin is no longer irritated.

* Credit information : Healthline Media a Red Ventures Company.

Real Patients Real Stories

We Create Amazing Results for Our Patients

See the amazing results Dr. Kim and Dr. D’Alessio create with our patients in our before and after gallery.