Achieving a Flatter and Smoother Stomach Through a Tummy Tuck
The Definition of a Tummy Tuck
Medically known as an abdominoplasty, a Tummy Tuck is a type of cosmetic surgery that removes excess skin and fat to achieve a flatter and smoother tummy. This removal also aims to make the abdomen firm and tight so it looks more shapely and fit.
This procedure is often sought after by people who have experienced significant weight loss or women who have been pregnant. These are the type of people who most likely have loose or saggy skin because of the major change in weight.
The Benefits of a Tummy Tuck
Although there are more natural ways for you to lose weight and have a firmer body, there are certain cases where even that doesn’t work. Sometimes people do anything they can to lose weight and achieve that great body by dedicating themselves to exercise and have a healthy diet.
However, it’s not rare to have a stubborn area/s of fat that doesn’t go away. In another scenario, you might have already lost the right amount of weight on the inside, but on the outside you’re stuck with the extra skin that got left behind.
If that happens, especially in the abdominal area, a Tummy Tuck can give you a good number of benefits. Some of these benefits include the following:
- In terms of looks, a Tummy Tuck can definitely give you a better-looking and more toned body. Since this procedure removes excess skin and fat, your stomach can look flat, and for women your waists can be narrowed to look more curvaceous. The Tummy Tuck procedure also eliminates stretch marks, resulting in skin that looks smoother and “cleaner”. If any stretch marks are left behind, these are often improved through the pulling of the abdomen skin until its tight enough to remove the stretch marks.
- Although liposuction is the main medical procedure for removing excess fat, there may be certain small pockets of fat that only a Tummy Tuck can correct. Other weight loss activities such as exercise also doesn’t specifically target areas that have too much fat or loose skin. Tummy Tucks are the ideal procedure for people who want to reduce fat and excess skin in a specific location in the abdomen. However, take note again that a Tummy Tuck isn’t mainly used for reducing weight. It’s more of a body shaping procedure for people who have already lost weight through natural means or through liposuction.
- Like other modern surgical procedures, a Tummy Tuck can be personalized according to a patient’s needs and desires. Before, all Tummy Tucks were done in a similar way, regardless of the type of patient. However, right now doctors take the time to talk to you and personally assess you to come up with a Tummy Tuck strategy that suits you best. That way, it’s more likely for you to end up with the results you truly desire.
- Since a Tummy Tuck improves the way the midsection looks, it can contribute to a boost of confidence in a patient. Most people feel a certain degree of insecurity when it comes to the way their body looks due to the droopy or protruding abdomen. This level of low confidence also tends to become more prominent during warm weather, where everyone puts on their best swimsuits and light clothes. Sometimes a midsection improvement from a Tummy Tuck can do just the trick to help patients feel better with their own skin.
- There are instances where the loose and saggy skin brings enough room for fungus and bacteria to develop in the folds. If not taken care of properly, this can develop into itchy rashes. These rashes also have the potential to develop into sores, especially when scratched frequently. Eventually, an infection can develop, thus putting your health at risk. This is why a Tummy Tuck is often recommended for patients who are prone to bacterial infections.
Tummy Tuck Westchester
Aside from the one mentioned above, there are other benefits you can receive from a Tummy Tuck. The other great thing you should know too is that Tummy Tuck clinics are quite common in the United States particularly in New York.
One such clinic is Bellava MedAesthetics & Plastic Surgery, where you can get your Tummy Tuck done by Dr. Chang Soo Kim. A graduate from Yale University, Dr. Kim is skilled at several other areas of cosmetic surgery such as breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, laser lipo, etc. Having been performing surgeries for 10 years, his extensive experience allows him to provide patients with safe and personalized surgery.
So if you have any loose skin or an area of fat that’s stubborn and tough to remove, try to consider getting a Tummy Tuck from Dr. Kim. That way you can have a midsection that is firm, smooth, looks good and of course, helps you feel good!